About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Monday, February 25, 2008

ICK on toolbars...except this one!

I hate hate HATE specialized "toolbars" -- like the one from Yahoo!, or those random ones you see when you try and download something. They want you to install their "toolbar". I think eBay has one. Actually that one isn't too bad if you're an avid eBayer, as I once was. Well...I'm softening a bit, I like the Google toolbar because it gives PageRank.

So I don't hate toolbars THAT much, but I do refuse to install them, with the exception of Google and my latest....FOX News Talk.

"I hate politics!" -- "I hate talk radio!" (Does that sound like YOU?)

I don't, and I'll tell you why. You can skip over this next bit if you don't care...but if you don't care I'm not sure why you got this far. Anyhoo...I like talk radio, specifically FOX because I get to hear both sides of the debates, stories, etc. After all, their tagline is "Fair and Balanced." and they really truly are.

While I won't divulge my political party (whatever that means) right here because it doesn't matter in a nation of electoral votes - though I DO cast my vote each and every time! - I will bring to your attention the FOX News Talk toolbar. I love that I can just "click" and listen to the news while I'm online, which is A LOT.

I think it's all just interesting. I love listening to both sides, and flies on the wall will hear me say "huh" (thoughtfully) or yell, "Yeah RIGHT you idiot!"...things like that. Sort of like my husband yelling at the TV during a game, I'm right here during Hannity & Colmes nodding and shunning to my computer screen. It's a great time.

My point, in a nutshell: Everyone should be up on their current affairs. FOX news is entertaining and enlightening. They have a toolbar which makes listening easy. Click HERE to get it.

0 comments: