About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Speaking of penguins...

Oh...weren't we?


Regardless, I want to share this program that my kids just love. My 3yo loves it, my 6yo loves it. If they can use a mouse, they'll be mesmerized with Tux Paint.

An open source project, this program is like MS Paint on....umm...an energy inducing drug of some sort. A colorful one with sound effects.

You can download the software free at SourceForge, and don't forget to download the fonts and stamp sets. Read the directions to make sure you do it all correctly.

One technical note -- install it on a computer you don't use. Why? Because you won't be able to peel your children away from it.

This one is fun, educational and time-consuming. If you need a little peace and quiet, here's your baby sitter. (No, DON'T leave the house!!)

And your link for download: http://tuxpaint.sourceforge.net/

Have fun!!

0 comments: