About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How do I make a banner??

So, so, SO many people ask "how can I create my own banner to promote my business?"

My answer is easy. Just buy them from me! But if you're dead-set on making your own, let me help!

Here are some sites that help you build one online - I've rated them (not in order). There aren't a LOT on this list, but it's a place to start! If you have some good ones, comment me!




˜˜˜˜˜
BannerBreak.com
http://www.bannerbreak.com/


Pros: Super easy to use, just choose a style and type in your text. You can change the colors, angles, sizes, etc. if you want to, or use the preset styles.


Cons: The color picker pop-up was a dead link. Not so helpful! You'd have to know your HEX colors or look them up elsewhere.


˜˜
BannerCreator.nu
http://www.bannercreator.nu/banner-maker.html

Pros: Lots of options.

Cons: It was extremely difficult to figure out what setting did what. I had a hard time making a decent banner so the one above is the one generated by their default settings.



Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

˜˜˜
MyBannerMaker.com
http://www.mybannermaker.com/

Pros: Extra effects to choose from. Provides source code and image hosting for link-exchanges. Overall a decent service!

Cons: Lots of settings. You really need to take some time to tinker with things to get exactly what you want. Not for those who need instant gratification. Banner also displays the MBB logo.



CLICK TO SEE THIS BANNER



˜˜˜
123-Banner
http://www.123-banner.com/


Pros: Provides flash animation banner. Lots of options. Easy to use

Cons: Not everyone accepts flash. I can't even upload it here. It displays their logo on the bottom.

So overall there ARE some options, but for a few bucks you can get something nice. And custom. And fancy schmancy. Check out my portfolio and see whatcha think. And the prices are so amazing you may just fall right over in your chair from the sheer excitement of it all.


2 comments:

Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

This post is great! I sell advertising on my sites and have people asking me all the time how they can make their own banner. I have linked this post on my wahm advertising directory at: http://www.wahmadspots.com/wahm-resources.htm

Tracy Russell said...

I haven't checked this out completely but it looks like you can get free pre-made banners at
www.readybanner.com

Tracy Russell
www.candlebizmom.com