About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Monday, July 2, 2007

Fry your SPAM!

We all hate SPAM! No, not the canned meat (which isn't all that bad!) but the unsolicited emails. Junk.

I just wanted to pass this on...if you want to help the fight against SPAM, forward it to the Federal Trade Commission:

spam@uce.gov

PLEASE REMEMBER...the definition of SPAM is an UNSOLICITED email. Don't forward emails that you subscribed to, but are sick of. This could cause the sender much inconvenience. If you remember subscribing to it, and you don't want it anymore, then follow the instructions to unsubscribe. It's the responsible thing to do.

BEWARE...often SPAM will be addressed to "Subscriber" and/or will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe. By following these instructions, you're actually just verifying that your address is valid.

So the moral of the story...don't report emails as SPAM if you subscribed to them, and secondly, don't unsubscribe to SPAM if you know you didn't subscribe in the first place.

As mentioned before, I use an email client called Mozilla Thunderbird. It has a great anti-SPAM feature, it's incredibly accurate at filtering SPAM. So, if you use an email client, but want one with more efficiency, give T-Bird a try (
www.Mozilla.org). It's free.

GET COOKING!!

1 comments:

Gina said...

Thanks for the tip Amber!
SPAM is the worst. I kept getting viruses and finally had to junk my old computer. What a pain. I try never to open e-mails that look weird. But, I get so many that look like they are from GoNicoFish.com partners or visitors.

Gina