About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Where to put the good stuff!


This is a tidbit of information that I learned in my high school speech class - and retained it! This, and the Pythagorean theorem! (I made that clickable for those of you who must know!)

I owe thanks to Mr. Alan Skoog, my teacher at the time. Cool guy, funny, great FFA advisor. That aside...in speech class he taught us that in advertising, the tag lines that really pull you in are placed strategically. Yes, there are certain areas on a page, or in this case, a website, that draw the eye FIRST.

Four letters: C, N, S & Z. Imagine for a moment that there is a giant letter (one of the four, of course...see below) on your page (or site). Here's your visual:


...okay, starting at the green point and following to the red. These are all natural movements of the human eye. So, in relation to your page or site, your tag line - the phrase that pulls your visitors in - should be placed on a green dot. So many people stick it right in the center -- it seems logical for things to be centered, but not to our brains!

I can't say I always follow this rule, but I do find that I really prefer the "Z" formation. Right brained, I guess. And really, a website just needs to be aesthetically pleasing to everyone...and I'll follow that over letter formations. But interesting, nonetheless!

So, there you have it. One more interesting tidbit from mois!

0 comments: