About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Best Networking Tip


It's so true that to be successful, you must network. MUST. I'm a hermit - not an easy task for a hermit, thank heavens for the internet!!

I have a very simple tip. Help people. If you see someone in need of something that you can do, offer to help. If it's a task that will take only moments for you, do it for them - for free! Sure, you make money doing these same things for clients, but you'll make something more valuable than a few bucks by lending a hand now and then. You'll make good friends and connections.


And as my mom always says, "It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know." So, so true!

Join the Blog Carnival!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a powerful tip! The relationships we build are so important. Thanks for visiting my blog for today's carnival : )

Betsy said...

What a great tip! I think when you give, you get back so much more. Maybe not at first, but eventually!!

BTW, you might want to check out the Smart Moms Back To School Tip contest!! Your tip could be worth a $25 gift certificate!!!

Suzanne A. Wells said...

Hey, Amber! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. And I am just about to write a post on a book I am reading with your same advice, "It's not what you know, but who you know." Thanks for visiting!

Suzanne Wells