About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Favorite Font Freebies

Why pay for a font when you can find a perfectly good copycat - right? Sorry font makers, I know how much work goes into making a font - I've made them, they're tedious. I admire your work, I just can't afford it.

That's not to say I won't pay for a uniquely delicious font...that I will! The
free silverware at The Font Diner are so optically pleasing, I often just visit to marvel at the pure prowess of it all. Then I look at the paid fonts - drool - and hope soemone in the future needs me to make something that requires that font specifically, giving me a reason to buy it. But I digress...retro fonts are my weakness.

Real quick-like I want to share with you my favorite free font site.
Font Garden. They specialize in handwriting fonts - love those! They have an archive chock full of groovyness. It's the truth I tell...nothing less. Go check them out! You'll thank me! :)

One more thing I forgot to mention - Font Garden has a funny quote by each font that'll crack you up - if you don't want a font, but need a laugh, go take a peek!

0 comments: