About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Monday, November 12, 2007

The X-Files

Dooo DOOOO dooo doo DOOO DOOOOO

Any X-Files lovers out there? Man, I miss that show. Mulder & Scully were the ultimate paranormal investigators in my humble opinion.

Right. But that's not really what this post is about. This post is about making backups when you're just going to replace one little file here and there.

You know I've been updating your site when your FTP manager shows files called "X File" as the type. HA! It's a little footprint I leave behind...but it works great!

When you're going to replace a file on your server, say it's index.html -- rename the original index.html.x and leave it on your server, then upload the newbie.

Good idea right? Then all of your "original" files stick together in a little group of X Files. Easy to find, easy to restore.

0 comments: