About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

But I Don't HAVE an iPod!!!

I was excited to get a Yukon Denali XL this year because, well, it's cool. Hindsight's 20/20 of course, the $100/week in fuel. Well, I just don't go anywhere. I can only afford to sit and marvel at the sleek lines of the vehicle.
That aside, when you open the glovebox in this lovely vehicle you find a little iPod connector. Cool, right? Well, insanely cool...if you have an iPod. I, however, do not have an iPod. I have a Droid. Before the Droid, I had a Blackberry. That's where I keep my music because I'm 36 years old and I feel I've surpassed the point in my life where having the latest fashion in tunes on their own special device is important.
The problem exists now though. I want to listen to the music on my Droid via my car speakers...but how? There's no little plug-in for any other input device. I've looked. I've tried to plug my Droid into random holes throughout the vehicle simply out of desperation.

Seeing my plight, my favorite friend finds this little gadget on Amazon:
iPod Female to 3.5 mm Cable

Guess what? This gadget is no longer available. I hemmed & hawed too long, didn't want to pay the shipping because I'm cheap, and so it's not there anymore. And it seems as if this was the only thing of it's kind in existence??

I am a sucker for "As Seen on TV" gadgets. It's a weakness, and I know I'm not the only one because that's a thriving industry there. It's my favorite section in Walgreens. I've been eyeballing a particular gadget as of late but Walgreens was out. Fresh out! A couple days ago I visited Fred Meyer and saw they had a fresh batch. I bought one.

What is it, you ask? Jupiter Jack. This little unit is touted as a "complete hands-free cell phone device" making it possible for you to hear the caller on your phone through your car speakers.



Well....guess what ELSE it does? That's right, it transmits the music from your SmartPhone right into your car speakers at the flick of a switch. I was insanely pleased with this find, and I'm hoping that this information helps just one more person out there.

The sound quality could be better, but it's actually not bad at all. Again, I'm not cruising the streets in my pimped out ride looking for hot chicks...er...guys. I'm driving down the highway with my three screaming children trying to drown out the sounds they make. This will do the trick for me...for now.

Search Engine Shout Out: connect droid to car ipod , connect blackberry to car ipod, ipod blackberry droid adaptor, ipod 3.5m adaptor, Yukon iPod adaptor

0 comments: