About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Free Help Desk & Knowledgebase Solution

It's all about the gratis with me. I'm not a total tightwad, but WHY pay when you don't have to? Shelling out money just for show, not my gig! I happened to download this particular software when it was free, but now I see there's a small fee attached. $40 - totally worth the dough for what you're getting.

If you have a business that could benefit from having a Help Desk and/or Knowledgbase, then have I found the software for YOU! I use it on my own site.

The solution.......HESK! Found at http://www.hesk.com/ - this software is written in PHP and runs from a standard MySQL database. Easy to install if you know your way around FTP.

This help desk allows you to build up a knowledgbase of FAQs, as well as the provision of a support ticket system. You're able to add users in your admin area should you need others to help you answer tickets; categorize tickets, browse, archive, the full deal.

This really is an excellent software. I've shopped around and this is a winner!

WAIT! What if you don't need the support ticket system? ANOTHER fabulous solution, and totally free....68KB - found here: http://68kb.com/download/ . I've also used 68KB and it does a great job with simple FAQ management.

Two great products, worth every penny!

0 comments: