About Me

My Photo
Amber
The Apple State, United States
Visit me at ambermcleod.com where I display my wares...
View my complete profile

Tag Cloud

Monday, September 28, 2009

Rave: Quick Text T-Bird Add-On

Everyone who is anyone has heard of Mozilla, specifically Firefox the alternate (and swiftly popular) browser. Mozilla of course offers a gratis email client, Thunderbird. I have been using Thunderbird for years. It has crashed a few times, but overall a great experience. And I LOVE having software that I can install add-ons and tweaks, Thunderbird is open source so the possibilities are endless.

Thunderbird has several add-ons, a few I've used. Some I love, some are awful. But THIS one is fantabulous.

Often I have to send instructions to people on how to do something. And I have to send these instructions to different people at different times. So instead of typing them up each time, initially I had them saved in my knowledgebase and would either send people there, or copy & paste.

Thunderbird has solved my inconvenience problem! The add-on is called Quick Text and it allows you to create categories, then add blocks of text in either TEXT or HTML format. It adds a toolbar to the new email window, and makes adding text as easy as one click.

The mod was created by user WizKid and can be found here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/640

0 comments: